Let's face it: A nasty body odor isn't going to make you the life of ANY party. However, the deodorant use has gone up tremendously , BUT nothing seems to work.
There are many home remedies for body odor that you can use to keep yourself smelling like a rose.
- Wipe vinegar or hydrogen peroxide onto your underarms during the day to cut down the number of odor causing bacteria.
- Dust baking soda on any odor troubled part of your body. This powder absorbs moisture, and also kills odor causing bacteria.
- Shave regularly under your arms. Underarm hair can increase body odor because it traps sweat and bacteria.
- Apply tea-tree oil to troubled areas, as long as it doesn’t irritate your skin. This oil, from an Australian tree, kills bacteria and also has a pleasant scent.
- A citrus fruit like lemon changes the pH level of your skin, making it more acidic. All bacteria have a hard time surviving in a highly acidic environment. Just rub on some lemon and pat dry.
Another way of getting rid of the odor is to eat the right kind of food.
- Eat plenty of spinach, chard and kale. Green, leafy vegetables are rich in chlorophyll, which has a strong deodorizing effect in your body.
- Eating white meat, such as chicken or fish, instead of red meat might produce less body odor.
When your skin can't properly eliminate the body waste, bad body odor is the result. All you need to do is gently dry brush your skin before your shower.
Now go out and odor-free yourself :)